I've always had a love affair with office supplies. It's sick, but true. Part of my apprehension about starting a blog was because of it's lack of actual paper. However, here I am. I hope my adventures bring you joy, laughter, and a little glimpse of the world.

For the record, please pronounce this "Blog" and not "Blaaaag".

Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's Time I Told You

The sun has been shining all day today. It makes no difference that it is 18 degrees outside---it feels like spring. Tomorrow it will be February. We are hoping to get a car very soon and so I spent the afternoon cleaning out the garage. I still had lots of boxes and wrapping left over from our shipment. I was glad I took the time to go through it because I found a lid to one of my brand new pots. I've been here for four months. I've made curtains, re-arranged furniture, and now thrown away the very last box.

It's funny because I've already considered how hard it is going to be to say goodbye. I've made friends from all over the world. Many of them will leave before me and no matter where I go next, I will take them with me.

The winter hasn't been very hard. In fact, it's been easier for me here than it was in Michigan. No propane bills to pay, no brushing snow off of an icy SUV, no lay-offs, no snow days. We are already six months into our two-year contract. The time is flying. The weeks are measured in packages, the months in paychecks, and I'm sure the years will be measured by home school curriculum.

I just started to miss home---namely, a day off. I miss coffee with my girlfriends, Bible study mornings, and yes, the grandparents. I am thankful for devices and technology yet at this exact moment, I am sick of them. I want to whisper something funny that only you can hear, roll my eyes, and bump your elbow with mine. I miss you and I thought you should know.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you all too! It was good to see all of you via computer on Friday. Sorry I couldn't stay to visit.

    ReplyDelete