I've always had a love affair with office supplies. It's sick, but true. Part of my apprehension about starting a blog was because of it's lack of actual paper. However, here I am. I hope my adventures bring you joy, laughter, and a little glimpse of the world.

For the record, please pronounce this "Blog" and not "Blaaaag".

Sunday, July 10, 2011

In Short





Yesterday we saw a man at the bus stop in tennis shoes, a baseball cap, and….wait for it….and a knee-length PINK bathrobe. Not sure if his old lady kicked him out in a frenzy or if that was his outfit of choice. We’ve also heard tales of speedos and converse high-tops. Either way, it’s not uncommon for people to be scantily clad here in Moscow. My hubby and I have taken it upon ourselves to spy-cam wherever we go so we can capture some of these delicious examples of extreme lengths. We are usually successful. Sometimes, I have to pose in the picture so we can look inconspicuous.

A few weeks back we walked along Old Arbat street and saw several passers-by in skirts and daisy dukes. I think the lady in the tan skirt stopped In front of the curb because she wasn’t sure exactly how she was going to get up it without exposing her derriere. The lady in the blue toga proved that if you can’t get a skirt, no worries, simply tie a belt around the longest shirt you have and call it good! I have seen thongs riding up 60 year-old ladies backsides and squishy sides peeking out of meshy shirts. I have been told, however, that letting your bra straps hang out is a major faux pas. Who knows why?

The last guy is my favorite. Words are inadequate. That strap wrapped around his back, believe it or not, it’s a fanny pack. It had neon pink on it too. He was a street vendor so maybe he thought when he ripped people off, he could make a quick getaway. Just like the topic, I kept this entry short. Pictures are, after all, enough to prove my point.

1 comment:

  1. Umm...I remember being told that when you live in another country you will come back dressing like the locals. So, how long is your longest tee and what color is your fanny pack?

    ReplyDelete